Sub Committees under Malaysian Gurdwaras Council
- Religious Commitee
- Legal Affairs Committee
- Isteri Satsang Committee
1. RELIGIOUS COMMITTEE : AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Explain and promote the Rehat Maryada in all Gurdwaras.
- Highlight major events in Sikh History and their significance to current Sikh Life.
- Conduct specific Parchar related activities through the Gurdwaras
- To have ongoing programs and seminars that touch on specific issues affecting the Understanding and practice of the Sikh Faith
2. LEGAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To advice the M.G.C. and the Sikh Panth on all Legal Matters.
- To represent and defend the M.G.C. in any legal matter.
- To liaise with the government on any legal issue including conversion cases / amendments to laws etc.
- To brief sangat on current legal issues and problems facing the community.
- To oversea the legal advice center.
- To interview and give advise to persons who seek advice.
- To give advise on any legal matter referred to them by the M.G.C.
3. ISTERI SATSANG COMMITTEE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To promote, preserve and maintain Sikh Religion, Sikh Identity, Sikh Culture and Sikh Heritage.
- To inculcate and promote the teachings of the Ten Gurus and the eternal principles enshrined in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
- To preserve, propagate and uphold the practice of the Sikh Religion in accordance with the established Sikh Practices and Rehat Maryada.
- To co-ordinate and represent the Isteri Satsang of all legally constituted Gurdwaras in Malaysia on all matters in accordance with the Constitution
- To promote the family unit, family togetherness and family values.
- To educate and promote strong bond between husband and wife in accordance with Sikh Religious saying “Ek Joth Do Moorthi, Dhan Pir Kaheyeh Soeh”.
- To promote health awareness among Sikh Women and take proactive steps towards realization of this aim
- To eradicate negative and unhealthy activities among the Sikh Youth and promote healthy lifestyles among them.
- To organize and hold conferences, symposiums, forums, workshops, samelans and diwans.
- To organize and promote Sikh religious and cultural events including Exhibitions, debates, cultural performance, national cultural competition etc.
- To do all such things which are not inconsistent with the doctrines and ethics of Sikhism.